I have always liked my parent’s lotus root curry. It has a crunchy bite to it which makes it stand out among the other curries
-1 1/2 cups of lotus root (cut into medium pieces)
-medium onion, sliced
-3-4 garlic chopped
-1 medium green pepper
-1/2 tsp mustard seed
-1/4 fennel seed
-1/2 tsp fenugreek seed
-1/2 tsp yellow powder
-1/2 tsp cumin powder
-1/2 tsp coriander powder
-1/2 tsp fennel powder
-1 1/2 cup of water
-salt to taste
On the Kitchen Stove
2. Heat oil and add mustard, fennel, and fenugreek seed.
3. Once the mustard seeds pop add onions, garlic, and green pepper.
4. When the onions turn brown add lotus root, mix it well with the oil, let it stand in the onion mixture for few minutes, and add water.
5. Add yellow powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and fennel powder\
6. On low heat, cover, and cook for 15 mins
7. Add salt to taste